Information Collection and Use
- Information Collected Upon Registration: When you create or reconfigure a STEP account, you provide some personal information, such as your name, password, and email address. Some of this information, for example, your name and username, is listed publicly on our Services, including on your profile page and in search results.
- Additional Information: You may provide us with additional information to make public, such as a picture, short biography, or your location. We may use your contact information to send you information about our Services or to market to you.
- Information: You may choose to note your location, friends and activities in the STEP application. If you turn on share with your friends or globe, we may also save exact coordinates to help improve our service. You can control your share settings in your application.
- Log Data: Our servers automatically record information (“Log Data”) created by your use of the Services. Log Data may include information such as your location, activities you logged, pages visited, your mobile carrier, device and application IDs, and search terms. Other actions, such as interactions with STEP application and advertisements, may also be included in Log Data.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Law and Harm: We may preserve or disclose your information if we believe that it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety of any person; to address fraud, security or technical issues; or to protect WePlanet’s rights or property.
- Non-Private or Non-Personal Information: We may share or disclose your non-private, aggregated or otherwise non-personal information, such as your number of pics or friends.
Modifying Your Personal Information
If you are a registered user of our Services, you can access or modify the personal information you provided through 3rd party services to us and associated with your account. You can also permanently delete your STEP account. If you log out from STEP and not use STEP for 180 days, your account will be deactivated. For up to 180 days it is still possible to restore your account if it was accidentally or wrongfully deactivated. After 180 days, we begin the process of deleting your account from our systems, which can take up to a week.
Changes to this Policy
Effective: Feb 20, 2013